"Art is my vehicle through life; may we share the ride together." Ron Wickersham

Sunday, November 21, 2010

Haute Couture

I love reading challenge blogs and seeing the submissions, but I never seem to get around to creating a project to submit myself.  This month over at Gingersnap Creations, one of the challenges is "Haute Couture" and I immediately thought of this double-page "tip-in" spread I made for a collaborative altered book with an online group.  The theme for the book was "Paris" and I was assigned the pages for haute couture/fashion.



These pages are a combination of collage, stamping, fabric,  vintage lace, ribbons, pearls, scrapbook papers, a sewing pattern tissue flower and even a little garter hook embellishing an Internet image.  It was a fun project to create and I love the colors and mix of textures.

So, for the first time ever, I am submitting this project for the Gingersnap Creations November challenge.  Check out more information on this challenge as well as the many other challenges on the Gingersnap Creations blog HERE.

5 comments:

Robin said...

Love this spread Susan!

SmilynStef said...

Loved being able to click through and see a bigger picture of all of that gorgeous detail ... the sewing pattern flower is fantastic ... love the embossed vellum pocket too ... thanks for joining the Fashion Fun at Gingersnap Creations.

Linda M. Cain said...

Fantastic piece. I've always loved the lady in the coat and scarf stamp. She's so mysterious.

Good Luck!

Linda

ElaineH said...

Susan this is beautiful...CONGRATS on being selected.YEA

gerriherbst said...

So wonderful. The layering of images is fabulous! Congrats.